Discover Essential Oils
Essential Oils are the life blood of the plant; better known as the immune system. Anything that our blood does for our body, is what the essential oils do for the plant. Essential Oils carry nutrients and oxygen to the different organs in our body and can effectively fight the damaging effects of toxins, impurities and harmful substances in and around our body.
WHERE DO THEY
Essential Oils are extracted from trees, shrubs, stems and seeds. Young Living distinguishes themselves from other oil companies because of how they extract their oils. All essential oils with Young Living are grown and harvested on our farms and partner farms all across the world. Our Seed to Seal guarantees YLEO's are 100% pure, with nothing added to or taken away from the bottle.
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. Young Living has always been at the forefront of bringing this ancient tradition to modern users, introducing millions to a total mind/body wellness they may never have dreamed possible.
Primarily extracted through careful steam distillation but also through cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted. Any time you hold a bottle of our powerful essential oils, you are holding nature’s pure essence.
Did you know, Essential Oils date back to 4500 BC!? They are mentioned in the bible over 180 times. Fortunately they are not just a "fad". They may in fact be the medicine of the future!
HOW TO USE
In Canada, the three main recognized uses for essential oils include:
- Aromatic: Inhale or Diffuse essential oil. The aroma can positively impact our overall well-being, and purify the air naturally. When inhaling, be sure you are taking deep intentional breaths. There are several diffuser options available with Young Living and in public stores, just be sure you are using a cool misting diffuser that is not heating up the oils, therefore losing their therapeutic profile.
- Topical: Apply 'neat' or diluted with a carrier oil to skin. Dilution is highly recommended when beginning your journey with the oils, also for babies & children, and those with troubled or sensitive skin. Carrier Oils can be purchased from most grocery stores or health food stores. Young Living carries a V-6 vegetable oil complex that is also a great option. Carrier oils include but are not limited to: Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Rose Hip Oil, Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Apricot Oil. *Never put oil in sensitive areas such as eyes or ears.
- Flavoring: Perfect for adding flavor to your favorite foods or using as dietary supplements, Young Living's Essential Oil Plus Line gives you the freedom to share and explore some of their best-loved essential oils in a variety of nutritious and delicious ways.
Young Living oils are safe for people and pets of all ages; but some common sense and safety should be used as they are volatile liquids. Here are our top tips for getting started with Essential Oils:
- Dilute with carrier oil – this does not dilute the effect of the essential oil but will ensure no irritation or overpowering sensation. This should always be done with children and pets.
- Never use water if you experience irritation – simply dilute the area with a safe carrier oil to alleviate the discomfort…even if it’s your eyes!
- Don’t apply essential oils to sensitive areas like eyes, ears and mucous membranes…should it happen, see above point.
- Avoid applying citrus oils to the skin prior to going out in the sun as they are photosensitive thus will attract UV rays.
- Do not put essential oils in plastic as they will break it down. This is particularly important if using in water bottles or making DIY recipes.
A carrier oil is a vegetable oil that can be used to dilute essential oils. They simply ensure that essential oils applied topically are comfortable. Some suggestions: coconut, sweet almond, grapeseed, jojoba, olive, Young Living V6 Vegetable oil complex. When using carrier oils to dilute, there is no magic formula for how much dilution. Certain oils tend to require more dilution ie: Peppermint, Thieves, Digize, Lemongrass as these are considered “hot” oils. A general rule for babies is 30:1. Many adults do not dilute at all; however it is recommended to start with some dilution until you know how your skin/body will respond.